The Best Winter Activities in Puerto Rico
Winter is officially in full swing and there are plenty of fun things to do in Puerto Rico during your Caribbean vacation this season. Choose from watersports, adventure tours, and cultural/gastronomic tours, or take a more relaxing approach with spa and wellness activities in Rincon Puerto Rico. There are so many fun, exciting and memorable activities and tours available in Puerto Rico, that it’s hard not to want to try them all – the following are our picks for the top ten!
Top Ten Best Puerto Rico Activities & Tours
- Deep sea fishing – Hit the ocean and get a new perspective on Puerto Rico…from the water! Rincon Puerto Rico offers great deep sea fishing tours, and the waters on the west side of the island are teeming with tuna, marlin, wahoo, snapper, sailfish, mahi mahi and more. Check out our deep sea fishing tours and try your hand at reeling in a big one this winter!
- Jet ski tours and rentals – Jet skis are one of the easiest and most fun ways to satisfy your need for speed. Hop in the driver’s seat and cruise through calm waters while enjoying some of the most beautiful scenery in Puerto Rico. Both guided tours and private rentals are available, so you can experience jet skiing in PR any way you choose.
- Sailing charters – Some of the most popular winter activities in Puerto Rico are sailing charters, which give you a couple of hours to sit back, relax and enjoy the crystal blue waters and beautiful scenery with a cocktail in hand. These charters typically book up pretty fast, so call today and join a tour with others or book a private charter with close friends and family.
- Snorkeling – Rincon Puerto Rico has some of the most pristine waters and extraordinary, colorful marine life, making it the perfect location for snorkeling. The Tres Palmas Marine Reserve is one of the best spots on the whole island to snorkel, and on a clear day, you have a great view of the tropical fish, squid, eels, sea turtles and sea anemones that call the beautiful reef home.
- Bioluminescent bay – A truly unique wintertime activity in Puerto Rico is the bioluminescent bay, which is home to tiny microorganisms called dinoflagellates that glow when disturbed and light up the nighttime waters in beautiful blues and greens.
- Eco-adventure & ziplining – If you’re up for an adventure tour in Puerto Rico, a zipline eco-adventure tour could be right up your alley. Zipline over the Tanamá River, hike through the wilderness, raft through caves and, if you’re really looking for an adrenaline rush, rappel down a 70-foot cliff!
- Horseback riding – The world seems like a very different place from atop a horse. Check out the beach and trail horseback ride in Isabela or the horseback riding tour at Campo Rico near San Juan. Horseback riding tours are perfect for the entire family, from beginner to expert riders.
- ATV off-roading – Leave the beaten path for a bit and try out an ATV off-roading tour in Puerto Rico. There are a variety of options for ATV tours across the island, so take your pick and get ready to get dirty!
- Old San Juan food and gastronomic tours – Old San Juan is the oldest settlement in all of Puerto Rico, and there’s no better way to experience the historic city than to visit all the best restaurants, bars and shops it has to offer, via any number of foodie and gastronomic tours.
- Cooking classes – If you have a taste for traditional Puerto Rican food, why not learn how to prepare it yourself? Puerto Rican cooking classes give you the opportunity to try your hand at making local favorites like mofongo and churrasco with hands-on instruction from an experienced local chef.